GHX VMI Service Program Overview
Benefits of VMI–
- Reduced Downtime
- Fewer Stock-outs and Shortages
- Reduced Inventory Management Time and Cost (Streamlines receiving and reduces errors)
- Dedicated VMI Technician’s with years of experience and knowledge.
Delivery Process & Schedule
VMI Sales Order Creation
- Tech or Account Manager scans VMI area once a week or frequency requested by customer.
- Quote/Order uploaded from scan into ERP system
- Pick ticket created
- Material pulled and inspected
- Tech/Account Manager delivers and stocks previously scanned material
The VMI Tech/Account Manager will make sure the VMI area is properly organized and maintains a professional appearance by:
- Grouping all items together based on product family and having them in ascending order based on product size.
- Allowing enough work space in between different sizes so the material is not crammed and possibly misplaced.
- Picking up any trash off the shelves, out of the bins and off the floor.
Quarterly Review Meetings
GHX Production and Inventory Control Manager
- Generates monthly usage reports from Web Query for each VMI
Customer Quarterly reviews conducted with OAM and Regional Sales Manager
- Review min/max levels
- Add/remove inventory based on usage
- Discuss stock outs and long lead items
Let GHX experts answer your questions or get you started with a quote for your project.
Stay informed of GHX news & promotions by signing up for our newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.